It's All About The Brows!

Thursday 19 March 2015

It seems to be all about the brows lately, everywhere I look there is a defined brow or a new brow product. So as usual I am always pretty late on the trend wagon and I have just started trying out different brow gels to make my brows stay put during the day and look a little bit more done...


I have six different brow products that I have bought and tested out to see what works best for me. As mentioned before I am pretty lazy and time poor in the mornings so I love quick and easy products that let me achieve the look I am after in a short amount of time.

The brow gels that I have are from left to right - Maybelline Brow Drama, L'Oreal Brow Artist, MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set, Designer Brands Extend a Brow, Australis Tint My Brow and last but not least Benefit Gimme Brow.

Maybelline Brow Drama - This gel is just a tinted gel that adds colour to your brows and helps them stay in place. The brush on the wand is very different to all the other brow gels I have and for me I found it a bit more difficult to use. RRP $12.95

L'Oreal Brow Artist - This brow gel is one of my favourites the wand is super easy to use and the product colour is great and adds just enough colour to my brows with still keeping them looking natural and the gel helps keep them in place all day. RRP $18.95

MAC Pro Longwear Waterproof Brow Set - The colour of this gel is a bit darker then I actually wanted but in saying that the product is still great it adds colour and keeps your brows in place. This gel is suppose to be water proof also, I have not tested this out. Overall with this one I do think there are cheaper versions available that do the same job. RRP $28.00

Designer Brands Extend a Brow -  DB extend a brow is actually not a gel but a powder with fibers in it. You apply it the same way you would the gels it has a wand with the fibers and powder on it and you just lightly brush it through your brows to add thickness and colour to your brows. As it doesn't have any gel in it your brows could move around during the day if not set in place with a clear gel. If you are looking for a fuller brow in quick time without having to fill them in then this product might be for you. RRP $12.99

Australis Tint My Brow - Another great brow product for adding colour to your brows and keeping them in place. Easy to use wand and cheap which is always great. RRP $9.95

Benefit Gimme Brows - A very hyped about product and one of my favourites. I use this little guy just about everyday it adds beautiful colour to your brows easy to apply (and quick) keeps them in place and has only a small amount of fibers in it to just add that bit more fuller look to your brows. RRP $35.00

Overall the brow gels all pretty much do the same job just different colours and prices and it's just up to personal preference. I do believe if you are new to the brow game to use a tinted gel first so you get used to your brows being a bit more defined/put together as it took me a little bit to get used to and to like. But now I love using a tinted gel on a daily basis and love how it makes my brows look.

Well now that I think I have mastered the gel brows I think I will venture into either the pomades/gels or pencils. What are your favourite brow products to use???

Nicole xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2015 · Designed by Pish and Posh